Old October 5th, 2004, 07:22 PM
brenda

"^___^" wrote in message news:8Hk8d.201096$3l3.32020@attbi_s03...
Hi, I am planning to travel to Maui for the first time, and I want your
opinion on where is the best location to stay.

Last time I was in Oahu, and I stayed right beside Waikiki beach, which I
thought was very convenient. I could find lots nice restaurants within
walking distance, night market, buses to take me around to Diamond Head,
Alamona mall...etc, I only needed to rent car for two days for the
Polynisian center and all other attraction places. I am wondering if there
is such simular place in Maui? that I could just walk out the hotel and find
restaurants and places to shop, night market..etc without having to drive
all the time. Thank you...

I don't know what your budget is, but you might look at properties in
Kihei - it's right outside of Wailea (where my favorite hotels are) &
is a cute little town on the beach with markets & restaurants & shops
within walking distance. There's nothing deluxe or even superior
first class here, but many condos & smaller hotels. Just be sure your
place is right on the beach, not across the street & you have a view
of the water/beach. I'm not a fan of the Kaanapali area - too built
up & stores & restaurants all cater only to tourists.