Old October 6th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Brian

"^___^" wrote:

Hi, I am planning to travel to Maui for the first time, and I want your
opinion on where is the best location to stay.

Last time I was in Oahu, and I stayed right beside Waikiki beach, which I
thought was very convenient. I could find lots nice restaurants within
walking distance, night market, buses to take me around to Diamond Head,
Alamona mall...etc, I only needed to rent car for two days for the
Polynisian center and all other attraction places. I am wondering if there
is such simular place in Maui? that I could just walk out the hotel and find
restaurants and places to shop, night market..etc without having to drive
all the time. Thank you...

Maybe in Lahaina but that's nothing like Wakiki. You might get a day
or two there and there are boat cruises of different types there. But
the attractions of Maui are much more spread out. You could consider
various tours if you like those. We don't particularly but many do.
We prefer a condo in Wailea but that's pretty expensive.