Old August 11th, 2011, 01:50 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

Default body scanners in European airports

On 2011-08-09 15:26:48 -0500, Erilar said:

Johannes Kleese wrote:
Erilar wrote:

.?? I really can't see why anyone would prefer an intrusive body pat-down
to an innocuous body scanner on an occasional trip.

A body pat-down is usually only done if the metal scanners indicate you
have anything metallic on you.

Some body scanners, however, produce an image that resembles you being
naked, or at least might reveal other things quite personal (elderly
person having to wear diapers, somebody with an ostomy?).
If body scanners are introduced, everbody will have to go through them.

So the choice is rather no pat-down vs. being seen naked. It's ok if you
don't mind being naked, but quite a few do.

Any total stranger thrilled by a sight of my ancient body is someone I'm
more than a bit unlikely to care a proverbial fig for.

So, you don't know what the body scanner situation is in the Athens airport?
--
Dan Stephenson
http://web.mac.com/stepheda