Old January 16th, 2015, 12:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tim.....

Default from Berlin to Prague by car

wrote in message
We are going to fly to Berlin in October, stay a few nights (probably 4)
and were thinking of then driving from Berlin to Prague, where we would
stay 3 nights. That would leave us 2 nights in between, but I am trying
to determine what would be the most interesting things to see if we drove
from Berlin to Prague. I know Dresden has much to offer, and would like
to visit, although I was hoping we could find some great place that wasn't
in a city to use as a base for a few days to visit different places. Any
suggestions on an itinerary, and places we could stay? Budget is not a
big concern.
Thanks for any help you can give.

Swiss Saxony's nice, but actually not best visited by car.

you could do a small detour to the Czech Spa towns of: Karlovy Vary,
Mariánské Lázne and (Karlsbad, MarienBad and Franzensbad). And if you do,
you'll enter Prague passing Karlstejn Castle, one of the best CZ has to
offer.

Don't forget to get a Vignette!

Have you investigated the costs of a one way hire between Germany and CZ,
you might find the costs prohibitive

tim