Old July 28th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Howie

Default Lengthening, of Enchantment of the Seas!

Benjamin Smith wrote:

Howie wrote:

In light of recent discussions, this is certainly an undesirable
change. Most of what's being added into these 6,500 tons of space
(e.g. over 300 passengers, extra fee restaurant and coffee bar, "art
gallery") are cookie cutter, revenue enhancers. Another beautiful
ship hits the dust.

I agree. Well stated.

Ben

RCCL's Vision Class ships are truly beautiful in design. We did a long
Spring crossing on the Splendour of the Seas when she was just about
brand new. To date, she was more beautiful than any other ship on
which we have sailed. We had such a great time that we repeated this
same crossing on the Splendour one year later. There was such poor
upkeep on this ship that many areas already looked like hell. IMO, RCCL
would do much better to spend their stockholders money by keeping their
ships in mint condition and their cuisine of high quality, rather than
by adding cabins and other revenue enhancing bells and whistles.

I would gladly repeat my crossing on the Splendour at a reasonable
increase in price, if her ambiance, food, and entertainment were up to
the standards of our first trip on this ship, and her complimentary
coffee was now decent. But, I guess I am in the minority.

Howie