Old March 3rd, 2005, 01:42 AM
FeAudrey

In article , says...

... the guy in the other couple also wants to dive but has never been
certified. My understanding is that he can get certified at a local dive
shop in a couple of hours with the limitations ... Is it possible to get
PADI certified down in Cancun, and if so, how long does it take to get
certified?

Your friend might consider doing the classroom and pool work before
leaving, and the check-out/certification dives in Cancun.

Consult a local dive shop about "open water" certification, and check the
prices for "referral" at your destination.

--
Visit my Iron Age Pages for technical and fun stuff (holiday specials,
too)!