Old September 17th, 2014, 03:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
James Silverton[_3_]

Default Germany, Denmark, Netherlands travelogue

On 9/17/2014 8:27 AM, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 09:58:15 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 13 Sep 2014 09:02:12 +0200, Alfred Molon wrote:

Here is a detailed report of our trip to northern Germany, Denmark and
the Netherlands in June this year (by car + plane from Munich):

http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Germany/2014/ (Germany)
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Denmark/2014/ (Denmark)
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Netherlands/2014/ (Netherlands)

"So we get back to the hotel and at 7:10pm we get a taxi (41 Euro) to the
airport. Trip takes only 20 minutes."

Next time take the direct train to the airport.

The Schiphol duty free area for those travelling within the EU isn't duty free.
Going price for a Braun hair dryer in the BCC chain of shops and in V&D is
about EUR 40.

10 free things to do in Amsterdam.

http://www.theguardian.com/travel/20...m?CMP=ema_1195

Suppose you arrive in Amsterdam by rental car; is it worthwhile
returning the car in the city and then taking the shuttle or train? I
would probably return the car at the airport?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.