Old October 3rd, 2008, 04:50 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
pltrgyst[_2_]

Default ID at check-in

On Thu, 2 Oct 2008 19:26:07 -0700, "Cari" wrote:

....The airlines also
have your details. How many airline personnel around the world have access
to those details? Probably many more than work at the hotel. I live in
Vegas. This year I've travelled to California, Texas and Washington
(state). All the hotels have either entered my details in their computer
systems or photocopied my license. Southwest have my details, so do United,
Alaska and probably a couple of others....

I've never had an airline copy information from my driver's license, or ask for
it when selling me a ticket or issuing a boarding pass. And that includes United
and Southwest among them.

-- Larry