Old October 3rd, 2008, 05:40 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

Default ID at check-in

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 21:14:43 -0700, MI
wrote:

On 10/2/08 9:06 PM, in article
, "AZ Nomad"
wrote:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 23:50:58 -0400, pltrgyst
wrote:

I've never had an airline copy information from my driver's license, or ask
for
it when selling me a ticket or issuing a boarding pass. And that includes
United
and Southwest among them.

Checking ID before issueing a boarding pass is universal.
That includes all the airlines.

That is true, but they just look at it. They don't record it nor should
they. A passport is used to identify someone. Not even immigration officers
record it when you enter a country. They look at it and stamp it. Period.

In the past, though, that has been because there was no really
practical way to deal with the info.