Old January 2nd, 2006, 11:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default European trip ?'s

Ken Blake wrote:
jst wrote:

Our family of three( 2 adults & 17 y/o )are considering a trip to
Europe this summer. We would want to spend at least 2-3 days in
London then 5-7 days going from France ( Paris a must ) to
Switzerland ( the alps ). We have traveled the states extensively and
have never been overseas.Is this the type of trip that we should do
exclusively with a travel agency and do the group tour bit. We have
never been the types to do a group tour but would do one if we could
find the right locations included.

Your choice, of course, but personally I hate group tours and always make
plans on my own.

We are just starting to look into this and any recommendations would
be appreciated. We are budgeting 10 - 15 thousand , is this
reasonable ???

10-15 thousand what? If you mean US dollars, for 7-10 days for 3 people, it
should be more than sufficient unless you insist on first-class everything.

First class everything for my family, you must be kidding. LOL. We have
saved a while for this trip as gift for our daughter who reaaallly wants
to go. Any Ideas on where to start planning?