Old January 3rd, 2006, 12:37 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default European trip ?'s

jst wrote:

Our family of three( 2 adults & 17 y/o )are considering a trip to Europe
this summer. We would want to spend at least 2-3 days in London then 5-7
days going from France ( Paris a must ) to Switzerland ( the alps ). We
have traveled the states extensively and have never been overseas.Is
this the type of trip that we should do exclusively with a travel agency
and do the group tour bit. We have never been the types to do a group
tour but would do one if we could find the right locations included.

I think that group tours sometimes have a place- I've enjoyed the very
few I've been on- but I think you'd do better on this kind of trip by
yourselves.

We are just starting to look into this and any recommendations would be
appreciated. We are budgeting 10 - 15 thousand , is this reasonable ???

10-15k USD I take it? That's a very generous budget. You can easily
spend that much, but you could also get by on a lot less.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org