Old November 9th, 2008, 12:02 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Hatunen

Default Can you bring a sealed can of soda on a plane?

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 03:01:38 GMT, Ken Litwak
wrote:

James Robinson wrote:
Ken Litwak wrote:

I know there are restrictions on liquids, like water bottles, toothpaste
tubes, shampoo, etc. What about soda cans? Since it would be a
challenge for most of us to put something into a soda can and then seal
it so that it looked factory-sealed, I'm wondering if this is okay to
bring through security.

Not allowed through security.

You can only take drinks on the plane that you purchase after security.

Thanks. That seems really dumb to me.

When I think of the stuff that could be hidden in a 12-oz Coke
can it doesn't seem that dumb to me. Or are you thinking someone
who wanted to couldn't manage to make a Coke can look sealed?