Old July 2nd, 2019, 02:57 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Chris in Makati

Default singapore sucks, don't go there

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 19:21:35 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article ,
says...
What "mess"?

I was in Hong Kong last week and didn't notice it any different than
normal. Yes, I know there have been demonstrations, but things like
that happen regularly all over the world. It's no reason to stay away.

A day of unprecedented violence in Hong Kong as
protesters storm the Legislative Council and police fire
tear gas

That doesn't make it a reason to visit Singapore instead of Hong Kong.
I was there for several days during the umbrella protests in 2014, and
unless you happened to be in that particular area at the time the
average tourist wouldn't have noticed anything going on.

These things always look overly dramatic on TV, but a couple of
streets away life goes on as normal.