Old August 20th, 2011, 04:42 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Carnival Cruise Becomes Vacation Nightmare

On 8/19/2011 7:45 PM, Patricia Martin Steward wrote:
On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 21:00:37 -0400,
wrote:

This sounds to me like they used a debit card and do not understand the
difference between a hold and a charge. And while some of the things
sound reasonable, it sounds like they complained about an awful lot of
stuff which makes me wonder what was real and what was exaggerated.

Possibly... but on the other hand, my one Carnival cruise, while not
quite this bad, was truly horrible.

But let's look at some of her comments. She calls the Sensation "huge",
yet it has a capacity of just over 2000. She claims to have had problems
with her table in the dining room, yet never says anything about talking
to the Maitre'd, which anyone with half a brain would have done rather
than just talking to the "hostess" and apparently never getting it
resolved. If the special dinner they had caused their food poisoning,
why didn't the other 10 people at their table also have it?

And as for the charges, I see she said "It took a week for all the false
charges to go away." which to me indicates a hold. Otherwise, she would
have said that it was a credit that was applied.

Bill