Old February 13th, 2012, 01:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia,rec.travel.air
Chris Blunt[_2_]

Default Beverages purchased airside banned from carry-on?

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 18:48:07 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Fly Guy says...
All these issues aside, I say that this whole ban on liquids is a joke
and always has been.

And there has never been a single case in which liquids were used for a
terrorist attack. The London incident which triggered this paranoia
turned out to be a false alarm.

On a recent trip I bought a bottle of XO Cognac while I was away and
had drunk about half of it before the time came to go home. I realised
I wouldn't be allowed to take the remaining half bottle back with me
on the flight, but found a way around that problem. I saved a few of
the Actimel pro-biotic yogurt drinks we had for breakfast and filled
six of them with the remaining alcohol. They detected them at the
security checkpoint, but because each bottle was 100ml in size I was
allowed to take them all on board the aircraft.

Had that same quantity of liquid been in one bottle it would have been
refused. What sense does that make?

Chris