Old October 5th, 2004, 09:47 AM
alohacyberian

"^___^" wrote in message
news:8Hk8d.201096$3l3.32020@attbi_s03...
Hi, I am planning to travel to Maui for the first time, and I want your
opinion on where is the best location to stay.

Last time I was in Oahu, and I stayed right beside Waikiki beach, which I
thought was very convenient. I could find lots nice restaurants within
walking distance, night market, buses to take me around to Diamond Head,
Alamona mall...etc, I only needed to rent car for two days for the
Polynisian center and all other attraction places. I am wondering if there
is such simular place in Maui? that I could just walk out the hotel and
find
restaurants and places to shop, night market..etc without having to drive
all the time. Thank you...

No, there is not such a place on Maui as there is only one city in the state
of Hawaii and that is Honolulu. The population of Oahu is about a million
people, Maui has less than 150,000 and is a larger island, land-wise. My
favorites on Maui are the Grand Wailea and Four Season's Wailea, though there
are also some nice hotels in Ka'anapali which is just north of Lahaina which
has a lot of shops. Plan to stay close to your resort or rent a car as there
is no public transporation on Maui to speak of. For more information about
Maui - you are invited to visit my Maui webpage at:
~ http://keith.martin.home.att.net/vMaui.html - where you'll find no
pop-ups, no advertising, no cookies and nothing for sale. Bon voyage! KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3000 live cameras or
visit NASA, play games, read jokes, send greeting cards & connect