Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
trallala[_2_]

Default Prepaid Cell phone in Rome?

AT&T access numbers
dont work on cell phones in all countries of europe........
( otherwise, try a land phone, but in some countries, even then Land Line
dont work )

they dont in Italy

they do in Germany, and its absolutely free of charge on the cell phone

"Justin" a écrit dans le message de news:
I'm going to get one of those prepaid cellphones once I arrive in Rome.
If I call the AT&T direct access number on that cellphone (800) then call
the number, will the charges come off the card? For example if I use the
card on a 100 minute phone for 10 minutes, will I then have 90 minutes, or
do the "minutes" come off the card?