Old October 4th, 2008, 09:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

Default ID at check-in

"Jochen Kriegerowski" wrote in message
"Jim Davis" schrieb

The US is a crap shoot, but I have exit stamps for every European
country I've been to, and Canada.

I don't need a passport in Europe, but whenever I travel to Canada
I only get an entry stamp. I didn't even know that exit stamps exist!

Jochen

Sorry, this is my fault for this misunderstanding. I didn't offer enough
information. My situation is different from most, and I just consider it a
way of life on the road.

I travel with special tools and some very expensive test equipment. Customs
in any country is usually 2 stops for me. They're usually thoroughly
inspected, and in some countries, I need special work permits. The permits
are turned in on exit, and my passport is checked at that time.