Old October 5th, 2008, 04:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
MI

Default ID at check-in

On 10/4/08 11:04 AM, in article , "topof"
wrote:

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
m...

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
news
In message
(Graz) was claimed to have wrote:

They know how many times you have entered, but not necessarily how
long you've stayed. Especially if you leave by a land border (where
the immigration check - if any - is on the other side).

Even if you leave the US by air it's not like anyone stamps or examines
your passport before leaving.

????? They examine mine. Every country I leave, stamps my Passport,
except Mexico. (and they stamp it occasionally.) I may have to have more
pages added before this one gets renewed.

Ive NEVER had a single stamp when leaving a country!!! only when entering
and im on my second passport in 10 years!!

My passport was stamped in and out of Australia. That could have been to
check that I had not overstayed my ETA. Once I was stamped into the US but
the rest of the time they just compared my photograph to the real me. I
really have never been able figure out how they can make a match-up!

--
Martha Canada