Old October 5th, 2008, 05:27 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
DevilsPGD

Default ID at check-in

In message "Jim Davis"
was claimed to have wrote:

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
news
In message
(Graz) was claimed to have wrote:

They know how many times you have entered, but not necessarily how
long you've stayed. Especially if you leave by a land border (where
the immigration check - if any - is on the other side).

Even if you leave the US by air it's not like anyone stamps or examines
your passport before leaving.

????? They examine mine. Every country I leave, stamps my Passport, except
Mexico. (and they stamp it occasionally.) I may have to have more pages
added before this one gets renewed.

I only travel between Canada and the US, but in the last 20 or so
flights and dozen or so land crossings I've been stamped once on entry
into the US, and no customs/border agent has ever looked at my passport
when leaving.