Old October 6th, 2008, 08:21 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_2_]

Default ID at check-in

On 10/3/2008 12:46 PM Jim Davis did a "happy dance", then made these
writings:
"Hatunen" wrote in message

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008 10:04:24 +0100, "topof"
wrote:

And if your credit card was stolen and used youd be the first one to
complain that no one asked for ID when the purchases were made!!

Nonsense. When an American credit card is stolen you, the
cardholder , are not responsible for any charges run up by the
thief.

My wallet got lifted on the Paris Metro ten years ago. The
thieves used my credit card to run up about $600 in purchases,
but I was not responsible for any of it.

You're 100% right, but it's the principal of it all. My wife's CC's were
stolen and thousands of $$ were rung up. We were covered, but I'm ****ed
that the person got away with it.
And to top it all off, the charges were local, and no ID was checked at any
of the stores. Radio Shack was the largest at $4,000.00, and they never
asked for ID.

Actually, if you check your contract you're responsible for charges
until the time you report the CC lost or stolen. That's why it's so
critical to report the loss of a credit card immediately! There are
exceptions to this policy as some of you may find. On my Discovercard
and VISA both contracts support my claim.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera