Old March 17th, 2009, 01:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Another Royal Champ article

On Mar 16, 11:40�pm, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:
"Charles" wrote in message

d...

In article , Bill
wrote:

You mean the one you and others are making up?

The "you" is using a remailer to hide his identity which is in many
kill files. The cowardly kook will do and say anything and say any lie,
to stir up a reply and get quoted so those who have him kill filed will
see it.

WalMart's stores are private property so they have the right to
turn away anyone they want. The only case I am aware of where
Royal Caribbean refused to let a customer sail with them in the
future was a woman who would routinely write a complaint letter
after every cruise (for real and not so real complaints), for
the apparent purpose of getting a credit. It seems to me that if
someone is going to complain to the company every time they sail
with them, they are clearly not happy with their product and
would be better served sailing with another cruise line.

The woman in question used to post here often years ago making many
claims and bewildering posts. She left for Cruise Critic where she
created quite a stir for a while doing the same thing while abandoning
one cruise line for another as they all tired of her antics. Last I
heard she was cruising with NCL. Unfortunately for her cruise lines do
read cruise forums and caught on to her purpose. The campaign against
the Royal Champions was taken up by the same goofy blogger who first
took up against Royal Caribbean for banning the self described
"awesome one".

Charles, the woman in question who used to post here prolifically first used
to gush over the treatment she received on her cruises on Princess
IIRC...then something happened that made her upset and she went to Celebrity
and gushed the same over the crew and ship until someone burst her balloon
there, so she must have ended up having the same experience with RCCL. She
said she was a "volunteer police officer"...I don't know how one can be a
volunteer cop, but she once posted her photo with a uniform on... I guess
she expected special treatment of some sort. Interesting that she is now
with NCL. I have never seen her posts on Cruise Critic, but I seldom do go
there.

As for the Royal Champions...I remember posting here awhile ago that I got
an invitation to become one and almost deleted it as I thought it to be an
advertisement until others on rtc convinced me otherwise because they were
also members. �I have no idea how I got to be chosen as out of 44 cruises, 8
were on RCCL, I did have some on Celebrity that may have counted towards my
reaching Diamond status. But I have never posted a review on Cruise
Critic...so how I ended up being one of the 75 picked is a mystery to
me..Every review I have posted has been right here and I tried to be fair
giving the pros and cons of each cruise...The one I raved the most about was
the Oceania Regatta just recently, because we enjoyed her so much.
Perhaps it is because I have expressed my love of cruising, but I have tried
many different cruise lines...Who knows!
But it is silly that all this has been stirred up into such a fuss. But
anonymous kooks are well known for these tactics.

--Jean- Hide quoted text -

That is what they most likely were looking fior jean, You post alot
here, mostly positives, so they take you and make you a RC little
that you even knew it, SO they bring you on a free Cruise ( 2 night)
and you come back and rave about their ship ( what is there not to
rave about it is a great ship) and so you are now a royal; champion.
VERY smart on their part. other Cruise lines probably kicking
theirselves for not thinking about doing it theirself. Other cruise
lines are not as generous at bringining on people giving them a
overnight allowing them to experience what a cruise is, like RCCl
does.
one time we were all invited to a NCL thing to see the DAWN brand new
and they had the Sea I believe in NYC the same time sow e could go to
both. they even had buses for us. it was nothing more the Unorganized
CHAOS.... It left so many of us with bad tastes in our mouth with
NCL... Seems they never did do this again, just so unorganized and
alot of screaming people, and you were not allowed to eat once
onboard.... all day!