Old April 12th, 2007, 03:46 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Michael Johnsion

Default Chinese Kung Fu

Chinese Kung Fu

Kung fu, (also known as wushu or martial arts) is one of the most well
known examples of traditional Chinese culture.

It it is probably one of the earliest and longest lasting sports which
utilizes both brawn and brain. The theory of Kung Fu is based upon
classical Chinese philosophy. Over its long history it has developed
as a unique combination of exercise, practical self-defense, self-
discipline and art.

In sports like track and field, ball sports, weightlifting, and
boxing, an athlete typically has to retire from full participation in
his 30s. Injuries sustained during years of active sport participation
at a young age can that affect our health in later life.

In Chinese Kung fu however, a distinction is made between "external"
and "internal" kung fu. It is said that "In external kung fu, you
exercise your tendons, bones, and skin; in internal kung fu, you train
your spirit your qi, and your mind."

Is there anyone want to discuss Chinese Kung Fu with me? I am a Kung
Fu fan who likes the Chinese Kung Fu very much from Childhood.

You can find more information about Kung Fu in
http://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/kung-fu/ , which I have
visit for many times. IT is helpful for the people who want to learn
traditional culture of China.