Old December 25th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Harlen Ng

If you can see both ends of the wheel shaft, I would guess you can
punch/drive the shaft out.

I when through the same thing you did and realized that it would cost me
too much to have a shop fix it for me. On my luggage, the whole wheel
housing is riveted it - too much work for sure and expensive labor.

In the end (since the luggage was practically new), I bought Welder
Heavy-Duty Adhesive (clear) and filled in the flat spot. The adhesive
works on rubber. I took the luggage on a 3 week trip to Europe and the
glued fix had no problem. Just apply the adhesive to the flat spot, and
use a card to smooth it while rotating the wheel. I hope the flat spot
isn't too large.

Good Luck -

wrote:

I have a piece of I want to use for a trip in a week or so. I used this
bag one time and apparently snow/rocks got lodged and both wheels wore
down unevenly. I went to a luggage store and they said it wasn't
covered under warranty and it would be $60 plus an expedite fee to get
it in less than 2 weeks (even though they repair them onsite). I
thought for 2 $3 wheels, that was excessive. I took apart the bag (it
has screw construction- it is a Dakota MTX). My question is how do you
get the wheels off? They look like they are riveted, but it is hard to
tell. It could be some other kind of fastener.