Old January 16th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Chris Blunt

Default A nap in HKG airport (airside)?

On 15 Jan 2004 10:32:46 -0800, (david) wrote:

I shall be arriving in HKG after a twelve hour flight, and will have
four hours to wait for my connection (to SGN). Can anyone suggest a
good place for me to rest? It must be on the airside, because my
ticket rules do not permit a stopover. I shall be flying on Cathay
Pacific in economy (M class): I have already asked about the
possibility of buying an upgrade to Business for the HKG-SGN sector
(to get access to a lounge) but apparently that is not possible.

Don't worry too much about the ticket conditions. There's nothing to
stop you leaving the airport for a few hours if you wanted to,
assuming you don't need a visa to enter Hong Kong.

There are a couple of airside lounges open to the public for a charge.
The Premium Plaza lounge next to gate 40 is about the best. I think it
costs HK$250.

Chris