Old September 30th, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge4

Default martin the very sad polluter

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 16:53:26 +0200, Erick T. Barkhuis
-o-m wrote:

Fishkill Bill:
Well Cathy and I have returned from two and a half weeks in Germany.
The first ten days were on a Cosmos bus tour and the last seven were
in a rented car.

That's 17 days, right?
Let's see:

Here are the places we visited:

Heidelberg-Bacharacher-Cologne-Bremen-Hamburg-Wittenburg-Berlin-Potsdam-Dresden
-Nuremberg-Rothenburg-Nordlington-Neuschwanstein-Munich-Oberommergau
-Peiting-Donauworth-Nordlington-Dinkelsbuhl-Anbach-Nurmberg-Bamberg-
Schonbrunn-Burgebrach-Werzburg-Schwinberg-Tausberbeschofsheim-
Rottingen-Creglingen-Heilbrann-Dieburg-Dormstadt-Buttelborn-Grob-Gerau-Frankfurt.

That's over 30 towns and cities, of which several require at least two or
three full days to only see the center(s) of town.

We would have to say the cities are quite unimpressive. A lot of 50's
style plain looking buildings.

OK. Got it. Upon arrival at a town, you saw several 50s style buildings,
and decided to carry on to the next city, right?

The little towns are the cleanest we
have ever seen. Most look the same though. Down near the Alps is
probably the best area.

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're a mountainbike rider in
your twenties, you'd love the mountains in the south of Wuerttemburg and
Bavaria.
If you like to ride a bicycle and already reached the age of 70, you
would probably consider Lower Saxony or the Baltic Sea area best.

Driving is a dream in Germany. Not a pothole in the entire country.

Not quite true, but generally better than in most other places.

Not the most friendly people though, (not like Ireland).

WHAT!?
NOT friendly?! You *&^%$#@ !!!! :-)

We collectively fart in his general direction.

No mention of spag boll. What a sad place Germany must be.
--

Martin