Old May 1st, 2004, 03:19 AM
RTCReferee

Default Anyone sailed Viking River Cruises?

wrote;

My folks are thinking of taking a Viking cruise (European river cruise on
the Danube) this summer. Can anyone shed some light, hopefully based on
personal experience, on these cruises?

I haven't any personal experience, but recently I mentioned a very fit and
active woman in her 70's who did not enjoy her big-ship cruise on the Crystal
Harmony to Alaska. She took a river cruise on the Danube last year (through
her alma mater) and she absolutely loved it. I am sure it was not with
Uniworld, but am uncertain whether Viking River Cruises was the company.

One advantage of the river cruises is that you get to experience the nightlife
of the towns you visit. Plus, she enjoys walking a lot and liked stepping off
the boat and walking right into town. Next time she goes on the water it will
likely be on a barge in France, since she wants to bicycle along the river
while the barge continues on its journey.

It's not easy trying to keep up with her.