Old May 6th, 2004, 01:24 AM
P. Daniel

Default Anyone sailed Viking River Cruises?

Last year we did one of the competitors: Uniworld (on the Rhine, from
Basel up to Amsterdam). The Viking ships we saw looked comparable. I
enjoyed the trip a great deal. Very very different from an ocean
cruise (of course), but the river ships have a number of points in
their favor. One issue: meals. We were generally docked overnight
(not in transit, as you usually are in an ocean itinerary), so,
although you've paid to eat on the ship each day, you're only a
stone's throw from local establishments. The Uniworld food was good
enough that we opted for ship meals about 80% of the time -- but the
situation is a bit of a dilemma!

wrote in message ...
My folks are thinking of taking a Viking cruise (European river cruise on
the Danube) this summer. Can anyone shed some light, hopefully based on
personal experience, on these cruises?

Thanks in advance,
Rusty