Old June 17th, 2004, 01:45 PM

Default Advice on Glasgow, Inverness, Aberdeen & Edinburgh

Some of my favourite things to do in Edinburgh:

- climb Blackford Hill and admire the gorgeous view.
- climb Arthur's Seat and admire the lovely view.
- climb Salisbury Crags and ... you get the idea.
- if you have transport, take the high road round Holyrood Park just
before sunset; near the end of the road you'll have a stunning,
gorgeous view of the city. If you haven't, just walk up from
Pollock Halls and you'll see the same view...
- feed the ducks and swans in Holyrood Park or Blackford Pond
(wholemeal bread only please, in small quantities, ask the park
keepers: we don't want the birds getting rickets...)
- cycle out to and across the Forth Road Bridge.
- climb the Scott Monument (and admire the...)
- take the boat trip from South Queensferry to Inchcolm Abbey.
- mosey around the art galleries. For some reason Edinburgh is
packed with lavishly state-funded art galleries and the other Scottish
cities aren't. Make the most of it and admire the El Grecos,
Rembrandts, Paolozzis, etc. etc.
- shop for food in Valvona & Crolla (Italian deli). Limit yourself
to their bread if you're not rich...
- explore the beaches in East Lothian, like Gullane beach, at low tide.
--
-- Chris.