Old February 29th, 2012, 01:45 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
mikeos

Default Trains vs Planes and Automobiles

On 28/02/2012 23:01, Erilar wrote:
wrote:
What are the things which affect people's decision to travel by plane or
train or car when going on holiday? I love trains, and avoid short-haul
flights in favour of the train. I'm curious why more people don't go by
train for trips around Europe? Is it mainly price or time are there
other reasons too?

I don't know about others, but when I'm once in Europe, I prefer trains. I
can sightsee without worrying about traffic and parking, which would be a
major problem, since I travel alone. I find flying incredibly boring as
well as confining, and the preliminaries are even more boring and extremely
irritating as well. Unfortunately, I have to fly TO Europe, as trains
don't run across the ocean.

Get shares in the Transatlantic Tunnel Company now!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_tunnel
http://tinyurl.com/7namwbp