Old February 29th, 2012, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Markku Grönroos[_2_]

Default Trains vs Planes and Automobiles

29.2.2012 17:02, Dave Smith kirjoitti:

Train travel is much better in Europe than in North America. We had a
great time travelling around Europe on a rail pass. We had lots of
options for destinations and departure times. I live close to a Canadian
rail line and it is a passenger corridor from the US to southern
Ontario, There are only three trains a day each way.

Population density in Ontario is a tiny fraction compared to most of
Europe. In rest of Canada even much lower. It is extremely expensive to
build and maintain rail road networks. There are lots good taxpayers in
Europe to do the job. North America is quite different in this respect.

I like train travelling in Europe myself. Very reasonable a mode of
transportation. Distances are bearable and connection are good.