Old March 13th, 2020, 12:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Nil

Default American Airlines passenger in seat recliner controversy wants to press charges, flight attendant fired

On 16 Feb 2020, ZZyXX wrote
in rec.travel.air:

none of that matters, the question is why does the airline have
seats that can recline and impinge on anothers seat space

(all x-post groups deleted...)

As long as the airlines use seats that recline, I will recline them.
I'm a tall guy that needs the space, but even so, I've never sat in one
where the seat in front actually touched me. Yes, your range of motion
is less, but I still have enough space to maneuver. If I couldn't
recline, I'd be VERY uncomfortable, especially on long flights. I give
the passenger in front of me the same slack I would hope others give
me. All us steerage cattle have to give a little. If I was flying first
class my attitude would be different.

If the airlines think it's untenable to allow recline, they must take
it away reclineable seats. Until then....