Old August 21st, 2004, 03:36 PM
Frank Slootweg

You don't say *how* you will be traveling, i.e. what kind of
transportation, nor what *kind* of accomodation you will (mainly) use.

FWIW, in 1995/1996, we traveled from half December through end of
January by campervan from Sydney to Townsville, Darwin, Alice Springs,
Uluru/Ayers Rock and back to Alice Springs, and only *once* had a full
caravan park (in Noosa), so we took the second one. Big deal.

Have a good one.

Brizze wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My wife and i are planing a 4-5week trip to Australia in december, maybe
that is! Because i have read a couple of places that december is not the
best month to visit AU.

1. because australians themselves are on their long christmas vacation and
therefore, making it almost impossible to find a place to sleep etc.
2. because of the huge amount of box jellyfish, that makes it
life-threatening to go bathing north of Brisbane.

So i would very much like to hear from Australians or people who have been i
AU in december, who can tell me if this is all nosence or if there is some
truth in it.
I visited this beautiful country the first time in march 2000 and it was
just perfect. Therefore i would like to avoid getting a bad experience by
going the wrong time of year, so please help me by responding here, or
direct on my email

Thanks a lot
Brian/Copenhagen/Denmark