Old May 16th, 2020, 07:03 PM posted to alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.travel.air,rec.travel,soc.culture.china,talk.politics.misc
John Levine[_3_]

Default Defunct airlines during and right before COVID-19

In article ,
Byker wrote:
"Airlines are not an investable business.":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4VlR_arbiU

Swan song of the airline industry?: https://tinyurl.com/y8jlxxgx

Somewhere I read a calculation that the total return on equity of all
airlines from 1919 to the present was negative. This is a really bad
shock but if they survived everything in the past century, they'll
survive now.

I certainly don't expect them to survive in their current form. We'll
see relatively more cargo and fewer people, doubtless with higher
ticket prices.

--
Regards,
John Levine, , Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",