Old January 5th, 2009, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_6_]

Default April Cruises

Clint, we need to see you on the Feb 8th sailing.

Ermalee

Clint wrote:

We're looking at the Soultice im March...
"William W. Wright" wrote in message

check out the Celebrity Summit -- I'm taking the 4/4 cruise and the
prices are amazing .

bill W.

BD wrote:

"Tom K" wrote in message

"BD" wrote in message

I have been looking for a cruise for myself and 3 kids in April
'09. My kids are 15 year old twin boys and a 9 year old girl. My
question for experienced cruisers on this board (we did cruise on
RCCL last Christmas).

1. Since I am flexible should I wait a little longer to see if
prices go down for last minute pricing?

2. I'm leaving from Pittsburgh, so airfares add quite a bit. I
saw a Carnival cruise on the Fantasy leaving from N. Orleans where
the airfare is ony $399 person. This is a 5 night W. Carribean
with stops at Progresso and Cozumel. The total price would be
under $4.000.00. Any thoughts?

Barb

Which RCI ship were you on last time? Was it something new like
Voyager class or Freedom class. The Fantasy is nearly 20 years old
at this point. It's a rather dated design. There are almost no
balconies. Life boats are up near the pool deck, which they don't
do anymore. Not many bells and whistles compared to new ships with
ice skating rinks, rock walls, mini golf courses, etc. The Carnival
ships which get the best reviews are the Spirit Class ships. This
ship is 3 generations older. They're moving those older ships to the
secondary markets. If you were on one of the newest RCI ships last
time, Fantasy could be a bit of a disappointment. Unless the ship
itself isn't that important to you.

As to pricing, there are frequently opportunities for last minute
pricing specials, but if you're looking at one of the adjacent
Easter weeks - that could be different. Those weeks tend to price
higher and sell out quicker. And with last minute pricing you risk
not being able to find reasonable air. So that's always a delicate
trade off. Also with air, it's almost always cheaper to do air
separately (not through the cruise line).

--Tom

Thanks for the info Tom. We will be traveling the first week of
April which is Spring break in our school district. We traveled on
the Navigator of the Seas. Maybe I will continue to look for other
cruise.