Old October 31st, 2011, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Default Alaska Cruise

On 10/30/11 8:37 PM, Brian wrote:
On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 09:33:11 -0700 (PDT), Earl_Colby_Pottinger
wrote:

On Oct 25, 8:09 pm, wrote:

Are there cruises to Alaska in the winter?

Yes, I am dumb, dumb, dumb. My mind was too much on the Caribbean
cruise, stupid me.

Yes, I want to cruise during the summer months, I am *NOT* a winter
person at all.

Sorry, about the dumb dates.

We took a cruise on Celebrity and enjoyed it. We were with a group and
so didn't have a say in the schedule. While we enjoyed it, the cruise
was 7 days round trip from Vancouver. If we did it again, I would want
a cruise that only went one way and then take another form of
transportation the other way.

We did the round trip from Vancouver as well. We preferred doing a
number of days ahead of time in Vancouver instead of up in Danali. But
we've already seen Tundra in the northern parts of Norway, and I camped
in the Rockies during my youth, so time in Vancouver was a higher
attraction.