Old November 1st, 2011, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Alaska Cruise

On 10/31/2011 1:27 PM, Earl_Colby_Pottinger wrote:
On Oct 31, 7:07 am, wrote:
On 10/30/2011 8:38 PM, Brian wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 11:26:09 +0100,
wrote:

Isn't there a time of the year when Alaska is infested with flies??

SummerG

I thought it was mosquitoes, not flies. Anyway, we were there last
August and did not have any. We came prepared with several cans of bug
spray!

She likes the idea of going in May, there are some ships starting near
the end of the month.

The only issue with going early in the season is, if you are going to
Denali, it may not be thawed enough for you to go all of the way into
the park (which can mean less animal sightings). There is a reason they
do not have earlier cruises. I'd investigate before going that early.

Bill