Old May 21st, 2012, 08:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee McCauley[_2_]

Default New York Cruise Terminal

Charles wrote:
In article , Bill
wrote:

I'm pretty sure it did not move. And where your hotel is is rather
unimportant since you're going to need to take a cab to the pier.
Manhattan hotels are very expensive. I think that many people stay in NJ
and then take a cab to NYC (or take the train over if they are really
adventurous and do not have a lot of luggage).

Taking a taxi from New Jersey to New York would eliminate any savings
from staying in New Jersey unless they are flying into Newark.

The taxi fare from the airport into the city is pretty expensive. I
think I would stay at a hotel near the airport (one that has a free
shuttle) and take a taxi to the port the next day. One cab ride in NY is
enough! lol