Old June 6th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Tom & Linda

Default GGC2005 - Pre-Vote Announcement!!!

"Lloyd Parsons" wrote in message
In article , Cruising
Chrissy wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 13:17:59 GMT, Lloyd Parsons
wrote:

I guess the fact that a simple error was made in not posting rfb change
isn't an option to consider.

Well, Lloyd, you and I may not agree but I don't think you are trying
to be dishonest.

Thanks for that. It is appreciated.

I know that the committee and I were trying to make the best of what
was looking pretty grim.

I know 20-20 hindsight is always better... and I'm not trying to be a
"noodge" (in fact I don't even know how to spell noodge)... but one thing I
learned over the years is it's never a bad idea to ask for help if you need
it. If things were looking grim because you didn't get enough bids as you
were getting close to the deadline, I personally would have thought nothing
wrong about a note to the group saying... we're not getting a lot of bids...
and we need HELP.

And I know that the other group cruises at the normal GGC time were a lot to
compete with.

I always remember our football friend "Ronnie the Mailman". If you said to
him, "wanna play this afternoon?" he'd say "Nah... got a lot of work'" But
if you said to him "Ronnie, we need your help, organize us a game this
afternoon!"... he'd say "YEAH... yeah... let's do it... I"ll call... ...."

--Tom

A few days before we announced the rfb's were
ready, I wouldn't have bet on more than one TA bidding.

After we responded to the few requests we did get, I was almost sure
that it would be a max of 2. I literally was tickled pink when 2 that
I had not expected popped up and provided bids.

And you are right, we don't always agree, but that is not necessarily a
bad thing.

Lloyd