Old March 8th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Geoff Glave

BA economy plus is called World Traveller Plus. The extra they are
going to charge is going to be anywhere from 200 to 400 GBP one way.

Ouch - £400 one way?! No wonder I don't use it. I'd rather suffer in the
plane (deadened by booze) and spend the ££ on a better hotel on arrival.

I've often wondered how much airlines suffer laws of dimishing returns
with these "Economy Plus" configurations... If BA, UA et al charged
less for these areas of the plane (but still more than economy of
course) would they sell more seats there, resulting in higher overall
revenue?

I realize in the case of United they mostly just give the seats away
to frequent flyers...

Cheers,
Geoff Glave
Vancouver, Canada