Old November 5th, 2011, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Levine

Default BA buys BD. Codeshare query.

Many British Midland (BD) flights carry codeshare numbers from people like
United, Lufthansa and other Star carriers. Anyone know how much notice
they have to give before they can stop providing that service to their Star
partners now that British Airways (BA), which is a oneWorld carrier, has
entered into an agreement to buy BD?

The article says that details are still being negotiated. Since the
current owner is Lufthansa, I'd expect the code shares would be part
of the negotiations, so we won't know until they deign to tell us.

R's,
John