Old May 20th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Jean Weber

Default Travelling from Central QLD to Melbourne via Sydney

KnAPowell wrote:

Has anybody taken the coastal route from Central or North QLD to
Victoria? I'd love to know how long it took and what sights there were
along the way.

We live in Airlie Beach and have done the coast road as far as Sydney
several times in recent years, but it's been a long time since we went
down to Melbourne by the coast.

Mind you, it takes us three days to get to Brisbane, because we don't
drive long days and we stop and look at stuff along the way. (The
first day gets us to Rocky, so you won't have that bit to cover.) We
then take three days from Brisbane to Sydney, though we could do it in
two days if necessary. Sydney to Melbourne by the coast road would
take us three days or more, again because we'd do a lot of stopping
and sightseeing.

A report of one of our trips between Sydney and Airlie Beach (the one
when we moved up here from Sydney) begins he
http://www.avalook.com.au/eastcoast/ebltrip98/index.htm

Yow! We've been here six years! Amazing.

Jean