Old January 21st, 2012, 06:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.travel.air,rec.aviation.piloting
David Monaghan

Default Am you legally justified in killing a passenger who refuses to turn off their cell phone?

On Sat, 21 Jan 2012 01:17:42 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 20:28:58 +0000, David Monaghan
wrote:

Anyway, I take your point: If you pretend two thirds of the murders don't
happen, the US murder rate is only 30% higher than England & Wales. I can
see why you're proud.

So I say..about those gun deaths when firearms were readily available to
all Brits....1 in London for the entire year

That's the second time you've made that claim. It might be possible that the
_City of London_ only had single murder in a Victorian year, but it's known
as "the square mile" for a reason. Even allowing for the much smaller
population then, I don't believe that statistic. Source, please.

http://gunowners.org/sk0703.htm

No mention of London.

http://reason.com/archives/2002/11/0...ome/singlepage

No mention of a year in London with a single murder.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/1440764.stm

No mention of a year in London with a single murder.

Need more? Plenty of them out there.

I only need one, providing it has a reliable source reference for your
claim: "In the UK, before the Acts of 1920..the murder rates in the UK were
far lower. What was it...hummm 1890...(1) murder in London, and that done
with an ax."

Anyway, it's hardly surprising the murder rates are converging, although
they're still a long way apart. Since 1979 on there's been an increasing gap
between the earnings of the most wealthy and the least. The connection
between violent crime and inequality is what's driving the change. In that
sense are crime rate is rising because we're becoming more like the US.
Hmmm. I wonder if that means your crime rates are dropping because you're
becoming more like us? There's a thought...

DaveM