Old February 22nd, 2006, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default To Barbara Vancouver air problem

The main reason that I put the note about ground transportation separate
from the post about the coach from Seattle is that in the second post I
was addressing a common problem that appears where ever and when ever
air fares and schedules are discussed. Ground transportation is often
taken for granted. I realized that you had good reasons for going to
Vancouver and intuited that you must be Canadian or other nationality
because air for US citizens is way cheaper from Seattle.

The problem is similar to my own in Florida. If I want to fly to S.
America it is often several hundred dollars cheaper to fly from Miami.
American airlines adds quite a bit for the flight to and from JAX so we
look into drive or fly Southwest. When I compare the cost with Southwest
I must factor in the extra three hours and shuttle fare (@$50US) between
the Fort Lauderdale airport and Miami International. Sometimes it isn't
worth it to save the money, sometimes it is.

Likewise if I want to catch a flight from Orlando I must often factor in
a hotel overnight that wouldn't be necessary from JAX.

My message wasn't so much for you as for anyone reading the thread who
might think that they were saving money by finding interesting routings.
In Europe people get low cost tickets only to find that the low cost
Paris airport is over an hour from Charles De Gualle. Or is Stansted
instead of Gatwick or Heathrow. Tickets into JFK in New York
occassionally involve a shuttle to LaGuardia it is a common thing and I
was merely trying to offer a reminder.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations