Old July 15th, 2013, 12:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_7_]

Default travel agent?

We are platinum so we have priority boarding.
Thanks for the tip.

wrote in message

On Sunday, July 14, 2013 12:17:10 PM UTC-7, Jr. wrote:
The reason we are going the day before is twofold.

1. airfare was cheaper by booking it myself

2. Though Princess would guarantee a free trip to the next port if we
missed

the ship we are going from Los Angeles to Hawaii and we would miss four
days

at sea waiting for the ship to get to Hawaii. So we decided to go the day

before so we don't miss the sailing.

I did the same cruise this past winter. I have one tip I wish I would have
known; Unless you have priority boarding, do not get there early. They had
us sitting in this giant glass enclosure, packed together like a feed lot
crossed with a hot house. The water ran out, the eighty degree temperature
caused no concern to the staff, Don't get too close to the priority boarding
area (where the AC is better) or you'll get yelled at. For three hours we
sat like the unfortunates at Ellis Island while the diamond platinum card
holders got to pass by, looking down their noses as if we were beggars. And
we couldn't leave the area if we wanted, all the while being assured we'd
begin embarkation in "just a few minutes". We all sat there like monkeys
looking at each other figuring out how we all got trapped.