Old July 15th, 2013, 01:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_7_]

Default travel agent?

Thanks Bill. Whatever. LOL!

"Bill" wrote in message ...

On 7/14/2013 3:17 PM, Jr. wrote:
The reason we are going the day before is twofold.
1. airfare was cheaper by booking it myself
2. Though Princess would guarantee a free trip to the next port if we
missed the ship we are going from Los Angeles to Hawaii and we would
miss four days at sea waiting for the ship to get to Hawaii. So we
decided to go the day before so we don't miss the sailing.
Flying from the Midwest in the winter is risky due to snow and ice so we
don't rely on Princess to get us to the port.

What does any of this have to do with your earlier comment

However, if you want a guarantee that you will get on the ship before it
sails you need to book it all including air and cruise through the
cruise line.

You made it seem like you needed to book directly with the cruise line
and not use a travel agent, as if this will make any difference in
making your ship. Unless that isn't what you meant and you just weren't
clear, that is not at all true.

And I'm not sure what you're using to reply to messages here, but it's
broken. You're not adding a "quote" character in front of quoted
material and if someone didn't read carefully, they would think that you
posted stuff that others wrote.