Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

Default Norwegian Dawn Dec. 13-20

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:58:21 -0600, "Tom M." wrote:

RCL delivers luggage tags on the last day. NCL forces you to go down to
the desk for your tags.

On the Sun in October, there was a reason for that - we got to choose
our own debarcation time, which we did by picking up labels for that
time. I thought there was an option to have the tags of your choice
delivered to your room, but I might be mistaken.

If you didn't go pick up your tags, they would have had to deliver at
least four of every tag to every room, or they would have had to ask
for everyone's preferred departure time and then distribute tags
accordingly.

The former would be inefficient and confusing, and given the problems
cruise lines seem to have with paperwork, I wouldn't want to try the
latter.

I much prefer NCL's way to the other method I've seen, which is for
the cruise line to assign a time at random without asking what I want.
RCL excursion desk is staffed all day, NCL 6-9 PM.

I think the hours vary by cruise or by ship, but excursion staff is
certainly not there all the time, and that's not good.