Old May 28th, 2012, 04:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Default Cruise Ships Financially Exploit Onshore Stores

On 5/28/2012 9:42 AM, wrote:

If the people were paying attention (or weren't so greedy), or if they
had ever been to a cruise ship destination like Cozumel when they were
not on a cruise, this wouldn't be a surprise to them. It's no worse
than those art auctions.

What would they have heard if they were paying attention? Would they
have heard the shopping guide saying "All these places have paid the
cruise line to be included in this program and our map"? And are you
saying that if you haven't been to Cozumel before, it's OK if you get
ripped off? And what does greed have to do with it?

I was on a Celebrity cruise a few months ago and there was no art
auction. I kind of missed it, if only for the entertainment value of
seeing other people bidding.