Old August 20th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Joseph McDonnell

Anne Chambers wrote:

Sorry, I don't know how the previous one got sent before I wrote anything!

You don't want to go to the Northern Territory in December/January -
it's hot, humid and WET - really, really wet. In fact, the season is
called 'The Wet'. Roads are very often cut because of flooding and it
is almost unbearbable, especially in the Top End (Darwin & Kakadu). I
lived in the Territory for 11 years - believe me, I know!

Anne

I loved the wet. But I wouldn't recommend it to tourists. My first experience of
it was as a tourist. I went from 40 degree and 0% humidity Adelaide to 30 degree
and 99.9% humidity Darwin and felt like the temperature was around 50. Later, I
went to live there and came to like The Wet better than the dry season (just
loved the thunderstorms over the sea). Driving to Kakadu in the wet would be
torture. And Anne's comments about the roads are spot on. I'd give the Top End a
miss this trip, Brian. There's PLENTY to see and do on the east coast.

Joseph

Brizze wrote:

Hi again,

Thanks for your answers.
We only have december and maybe the first week of january.
But is it mostly the east-coast thats crowded ?
When i first went to AU i was told that if one only has a month to see AU
you should choose the east-coast.

But Australia is a big place so what about Darwin, and the south-west
coast ? is it possible to see the sights here, like kakadue, Ayers, Uluru,
and what else? on a month without spending most of the time in a bus or a
plane?
And if so can somebody recomend a good route ?

Thanks Brian

--
The privacy.net address is a spam trap. Please reply to