Old August 19th, 2004, 02:13 AM
Downunder

"Alessandro Cannarsi" wrote in message
m...
Hi everybody,

I'm off on a 20 days trip to Australia in October. I am going to spend
3 days in Sydney and I am trying to plan a 2-week itinerary.

What I was thinking about is: flying from Sydney to Alice Springs, see
Uluru, visit the Kakadu National Park and/or the Northern Peninsula
(Cape York) and spend some days diving in the northern part of the
reef.

Since the distances are huge I must choose what segments to drive and
what segments to fly based on the experience I will get -

Do you think Kakadu is more interesting than cape york or the
opposite?

Would you suggest to drive from Sydney to Alice and fly from there to
Darwin-Kakadu or viceversa? Is the panorama from Alice to Kakadu
interesting?

Or would you suggest driving from Alice to Cairns and the great
barrier?

Thanks

Alessandro

Alessandro ,
I'd suggest you do a lot more research on Australia. As others have pionted
out, your knowledge of our land at this stage makes you plannign exercise a
bit meaningless.

First step, place a map of your country on Australia (same scale). Then
realinse we don't have autobhanns etc.

Also, October is getting hot in the north and the vegetation has all dried
out....water is getting scarce (meaning tepid little waterfalls in Kakadu).

If you can, delay and go in May/June 2005 when everything is still green and
lush and the weather is far more affable.

Matt
Reservation Heaven